Apple is one of the most evolving companies of this time, so there is no doubt, iPhone users get as many upgrades as they do. But sometimes, you like the old version better than the new one. New updates bring restrictions with them that are not so much liked by the users. In this case, you would want to go back to the old version, the version with less restriction.
According to Apple though, the downgrading of its version is possible only through its iTunes app. However, most of the Apple users are not the greatest fans of iTunes, for various reasons, they try not to use it. Nevertheless, despite Apple’s claim, there are other ways through which you can downgrade iOS. And this article tells you the best way to do just that.
When you are downgrading iOS without iTunes, there are some preparations that you need to do in advance. Preparations like, jailbreaking your device, this way firmware can be cracked without destroying SHSH blobs. And after downgrading the iOS, your firmware remains intact.
Another thing you need to do before you downgrade the version is to create a backup of your data, else, you will end up losing all the data on your phone. Nevertheless, you should regularly back your data up.
Now that the basic preparations have been done, you are ready to do some downgrading. Here are the steps, read them carefully and follow the process.
1. First, you need to download TinyUmbrella for free. The link for downloading the same is:
2. When the installation is completed, open the software.
3. Now connect your Apple device to your computer using a USB cable. As soon as the device is connected, the software will detect the device automatically. If detection does not occur automatically, then wait for a few moments.
4. Now, click on the SHSH button, it allows you to save a 126-bit encrypted version.
5. Now you need to click on the button that is linked to the TSS server, you will find it right below the SHSH button.
6. As soon as the server finishes its job, you will get an error 1015 notification. Click on the Exit Recovery option and proceed.
7. In this step, you need to click on the advance recovery option. Uncheck the highlighted box and you are good to go.
Please note that once again after this process is completed, you need to save SHSH blobs. Upon restarting the device, the downgrading of firmware will start.
Now the question that might be raging inside your head is why to use TinyUmbrella for this process among so many other software available. Well, I am here to give you the answer:
1. Not only is this application free to use, but it is also trustable. You can use the services of this application freely without worrying about any hidden charges.
2. This is the application that you need to turn to when your phone gets stuck and you can’t revert the problem.
3. If you tried to downgrade your phone using iTunes and now you are facing problems in reverting your jailbroken phone, then this is your go-to the application.
4. If you don’t want to lose any data while downgrading your phone, there is no reason for you to think twice before using this application.
5. Using this application, you can save the data on your phone and save the SHSH files.
6. This application is versatile in its services; it provides services to Android, Windows, Mac too.
Now, what should you do if your downgrading didn’t complete or worse, failed? Don’t worry, we have you covered.
Usually, this process is known to complete in a couple of minutes. Still, in spite of using the best of the software, sometimes the downgrading is unsuccessful. Many users have reported when downgrading iOS 12, beta version this process faces many errors. Now, don’t worry, this doesn’t mean that you don’t do downgrading at all, there is a solution to this problem too.
The first thing that you should do when you face any error is to download software called dr.fone – Repair. This software can fix almost every iOS issue, including troubled downgrading. Many people have used this software for their iOS problems and they were not dissatisfied, you will not be either.
1. iPhone stuck in headphone mode, iPhone Error 4013, iPhone not restoring data, you name the problem, dr.fone gives you the solution. Among many other problems, it can solve your iTunes trouble as well.
2. It is compatible with every Apple device, including the new devices, and latest versions.
Now that you know the best ways to downgrade your iOS, you can try doing it. But don’t forget to create a backup of your data. The software mentioned in this article are completely trustable and a must have for every iPhone user.
Good luck downgrading!